Wednesday 2 January 2013

Redemption by H.D. gordon

Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)Redemption by H.D. Gordon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Writing this review is bittersweet. I absolutely fell in love with this series and the characters therein, but it came to a necessary end. You have to love a book that can punch you in the gut in the last chapter. It was not at all what I was expecting, but then, why read a book if you know exactly what's coming?

As I have said in all my reviews for this series, I love H.D. Gordon's writing. She has a way with words and is able to take this complex storyline with so much going on and make it smooth and beautiful. She has quite an imagination and brings it out well with her words.

It was difficult to watch Alexa go through this book. She was so very young and innocent in so many ways, yet had the weight of the world on her shoulders. Everyone looked to her to fix their problems, knowing what the outcome would be, while she struggled with her own inner turmoil. I loved Kayden all the more for being her rock and sticking with her even though he knew the most probable outcome.

The story overall is rather dark. It tells a tale of life and love and loss and asks the question, how much are you willing to sacrifice? For some, the answer is everything.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment